HOW TO HELP YOUR NEW PET ADJUST
1. Start small: place your pet in one room and give them space to come out on their own terms.
2. Ask for an old item that belongs to them or their previous owners (if any): a blanket, a toy, etc.
Place it in the same room or carrier.
3. Spend time with them; in small time increments, 10-15 minutes and gradually increase that as
they become more adjusted to your scent.
4. Feed them using your hand: this is the fastest way you are able to form a bond. Your pet
associates you with positive experiences, food.
5. Once they have gained your trust, expose them to other family members. Make sure to follow
the same steps.
6. Expose them to noises: play recordings of cars, bangs and other noises they may experience
while living with you. Start on low volume and increase it while rewarding them with treats or
HOW TO INTRODUCE YOUR PETS TO ONE ANOTHER
1. Use pheromones: Feliway Happy Cats
2. Carrier method: put your newest pet in a carrier and have your older pet sniff them.
3. Door to door: place both pets on either side of the door and have them sniff each other.
4. Watch out for warning signs from either pet: while hissing and growling is completely fine and lasts for weeks. Some other signs are not: bushy tails, aggressive fighting.